Runners are vulnerable, in particular when out on the roads and in the dark, so we need to do all we can to minimse the risk. Below are some safety tips and advice that have been issued by the authorities:
- Wear high-visibility clothing.
- In smaller groups, if there is no pavement: keep on the right of road and go single file.
- In larger groups, if there is no pavement: keep on left side of road and have a spotter at the front and back.
- Be careful of jaywalking – cross roads at designated areas only.
- Be considerate of other path and road users.
- When on paths, move to the left to allow other users past – do not create an obstruction.
- We are not allowed on the motorways.