Dub Runners AGM 2016
The Dub Runners recently held our annual general meeting for 2016.
Apols: Maureen Oliver
Chairman’s Address – Brian Grimes
- Minutes accepted and approved from 2015.
- Now have 95 club members, would like to push to get 100 onboard.
- Giant’s Trail Race 2016 has been launched – 100 registered online so far.
- Coaching money approved from Athletics NI and is available for level one and two. Please approach any committee member if interested.
- Approached Athletics NI to bring in coach from outside – update soon.
- WAVA league update from James Trainor – updates continually on the website.
- Club day out is the Glenmore Challenge, a bus has been organised – enter yourselves.
Treasurers Report – Ronan O’Flaherty
- Financials to be circulated upon request (provided on the night).
- Some money to be spent.
- Moving banks to a fee-free Santander club account.
Election of Committee
- CHAIRMAN – Brian Grimes
- VICE CHAIR – Ryan Love
- TREASURER – Paula Owens
- SECRETARY – Roisin Byrne
- MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY – Geraldine Coyle
- SOCIAL SECRETARY – Nessa Agnew and Marcella Cassidy
- CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER – Ronan O’Flaherty
Giant’s Trail Race
- Second race is being held on 29th July.
- Providing entrants with buffs this year.
- No members are allowed to run the race.
- We require, at minimum 30 marshals from the club.
- Everybody needs to contribute and will do several dry runs prior to the event to ensure positions and responsibilities.
- Sean O’Hagan is to organise the distribution of the new club kit.
- Other items for club kit (hoodies, shorts, etc.) – we are awaiting news from the new supplier.
- Annual summer BBQ to be held on Saturday 20th August.
- This is the same date as the Dambusters 10k and Half Marathon races.
- How many coaches are required? We regularly have 50 runners on a Tuesday evening.
- We are taking names now to go on waiting lists for courses.
- We have two currently at Level 2 Brian Grimes and Andy Burrows.
- Level One course: 1 day.
- Level Two: Numerous days.
Pre-Training Core Work
- Suggestion from Stephen to meet before for stretching / core work.
- Anyone from the club willing to load this?
Calendar of Races
- Alastair suggested that we have a calendar of upcoming races that the club is taking part in.
- Will look into a digital calendar using the website or Facebook pages.
More Varied Runs
- Suggestion from Brian D to vary our routes in the summer and winter sessions.
- Divis run, Black Mountain, Cregagh Glenn suggested – potential start times?
- Possibly some head torches for winter run routes?
- New routes and suggestions are always welcome.